255 Christina Street N.,
Sarnia, Ontario, N7T 7N2
The Sarnia Advantage
- Sarnia is within a designated Foreign Trade Zone - a single point of access to resources and information relating to programs that relieve duties, tariffs and taxes for businesses engaged in importing and exporting.
- The city of Sarnia is centrally located in Southwestern Ontario and is situated on major highway, rail, water, and air corridors, providing global access to move people and products.
- Sarnia has access to the Blue Water Bridge which connects Highway 402 with U.S. Interstates I-69 and I-94 in Port Huron, Michigan. This is Canada's second-busiest crossing for commercial traffic with over 1.5 million trucks and $42.2 billion in road trade annually, translating to over 4,400 trucks each day carrying $116 million in goods.
- Sarnia is home to Lambton College, an applied research institution whose strength in research and innovation ranks them as the #1 research college in Ontario, and #4 overall across Canada. Nearby post-secondary institutions include Western University, University of Windsor, University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Guelph, as well as Fanshawe College and St. Clair College.
- Sarnia has a diverse economy including a strong foundation in advanced manufacturing, petrochemical and refining, agriculture, plastics and rubber manufacturing, cleantech/energy, and ITC. Local companies include Imperial Oil, NOVA Chemicals, Origin Materials, TODA Advanced Materials, Cargill and SNC-Lavalin.
- Sarnia offers services for investors, including assistance with planning and development approvals, providing demographic and community information, and coordinating introductions with municipal officials and local suppliers.
In 2021 Sarnia was ranked the most affordable medium-sized city in Ontario by Zolo, a leading online real estate marketplace.
In Sarnia you will spend less on:
© 2022 All Rights Reserved